Tuesday February 2nd, 2010 · by Annie

Matt Damon Will Not Star in Fourth “Bourne” Film

Matt Damon is ditching the successful “Bourne” series, and will not star in the series’ fourth film. Damon, who played government agent Jason Bourne in the last three movies, admitted that the franchise’s future remains uncertain but expects that the next film will be a prequel to the original 2002 “Bourne Identity” movie.

He said:

“I don’t know you know. I think it will be a prequel of some kind with another actor and another director before we do another one.
I think we are probably five years away from another one. We gotta get a script. If you have any ideas please call Universal.”

Previously, Damon had said that he hoped to start work on a new Bourne movie in 2011. Later, however, he admitted that he wasn’t sure if he’d sign up again after director Paul Greengrass’ departure.

Damon, 39, would now rather spend his time focusing on directing, but only if the right project comes along.

“I want a simple little human story. Something like Good Will Hunting or something that’s smaller like that. Nothing too tricky the first time.

I don’t know if I’ll be in it. I’d prefer not to be. I’ve heard from other people and Ben told me it’s tough, it’s a lot of hard work.”

Source: clevelandleader.com

Tags: Movie News

2 Comments on “Matt Damon Will Not Star in Fourth “Bourne” Film

  1. Marge
    Posted on May 15th, 2010

    I just watched the Bourne Ultimatum again tonight. I want so bad to see Matt Damon in the fourth sequel. It could be based on the trial. Bring Julia Stiles back and deal with their mystery and life after running.

  2. nitin
    Posted on September 27th, 2010

    I dont care about the story of the next bourne movie…..but I want to see Matt Damon in it……because no other actor can perform better than him in that role…..
    Please come back Matt Damon….

Comments are closed.