Friday January 7th, 2011 · by Annie

Matt Damon to take on Universal over fourth Bourne movie?

A-list star Matt Damon is said to be locked in a dispute with Hollywood giant Universal, after finding out he was being replaced for the fourth film over the Internet.

The star features in all three of the current films, as action star Jason Bourne. But late last year rumours circle that Matt would not be reprising his role.

Now the star has confirmed that bosses are planning on taking the Bourne films forward without him, revealing he only found out they were planning to make a fourth movie after he found out over the internet.

‘I read online they are doing another Jason Bourne movie with Tony Gilroy directing that I’m not in,’ the Sun reports the angry star as saying.

‘No one told me, literally nobody called me. People think I have inside information, but you can get a sense of where I am in the pecking order.’

Now it’s thought Matt might even make his own version of the new Bourne movie, along with director of the previous three films, Paul Greengrass.

‘I’d do it again with Paul. Universal doesn’t actually own the Bourne character – the estate does – so technically I could go to Warner Bros… and Universal could read about it online,’ he said.

Will the Bourne films be the same without Matt Damon? Or would you like to see the star make more of the hit movies? Let us know your thoughts in the comments box below.

Source

Tags: Movie News